Clear bra or paint protection film provides self-healing properties that heal some minor scratches. How can we get the benefits of a clear bra? The answer is that we should have it applied by professionals to receive its advantages. Follow this article from Ceramic Pro Auto Spa in Lancaster, PA, to learn more!
How To Apply Clear Bra On The Car’s Paint?
Here is a detailed explanation of how to apply paint protection film to your vehicle without harming it:
- Ensure that any dust, insects, tar, and oil stains are removed from the outside of your vehicle. It will prevent debris or other undesired things from being trapped between the film and your vehicle’s surface.
- To prevent blistering, paint protection film must be applied speed and precision.
- Place the PPF on a clean work surface with the liner side facing you. Remove the liner and apply the solution to the glue that has been exposed.
- Slide the film to the desired application location with care. The sliding movement prevents air from being trapped between the film and the surface of your vehicle.
- Utilize the squeegee to flatten the film. Use overlapping strokes to remove any leftover solution altogether. You may remedy this by swiftly guiding the squeegee toward the edges while applying pressure on it.
- Utilize dry cotton mitts to smooth and remove extra moisture from the surface.
- Check for any signs of blistering in your project. For complete adherence, run the squeegee over the edges and corners. Allow it to dry thoroughly for a maximum of 48 hours.
What Is The Best Temperature For Installing Clear Bra?
Paint protection film should be kept and applied within the temperature range of 15°-32°C (60-90°F) so that the film remains flexible and the adhesive keeps its full tack. Installation should not be attempted in direct sunlight or in locations exposed to outside air since this might introduce contaminants between the film and the automobile’s surface.
If the temperature outside is more than 32 degrees Celsius (90 degrees Fahrenheit), the air conditioner should be turned off.
- Allow the vehicle to reach the temperature of your installation booth.
- Raise the hood and let the area beneath the hood cool before installation.
- Avoid installing film in direct sunlight.
- Ensure the vehicle reaches a minimum temperature of 15 degrees Celsius (60 degrees Fahrenheit) in your installation booth. During the winter months, infrared heaters might be used to expedite this procedure.
- For mounting (tack) solution, use warm water. If the film slides excessively, reduce the quantity of solution used.
How To Maintain Clear Bra (Paint Protection Film) In Pristine Condition?
To maintain paint protection film to its full potential, here are three considerations that you should know.
Use considerable care if you pressure wash.
Do not use a pressure washer or other high-pressure equipment near the PPF‘s edge. If PPF is sprayed at an incorrect angle, the pressure from the water might cause it to peel. If you must use a pressure washer, avoid damaging your film by keeping a safe distance from its edges.
Do not use an automatic vehicle wash.
After applying PPF, you must wait 48 hours before washing your car to enable the film to cure. After this time, you may wash your vehicle by hand as usual. Be cautious not to use a detergent that can harm the paint protection coating on your car. Warm water and vehicle wash detergent should be enough.
Utilize a superior wash mitt
Use a quality wash mitt, such as a microfiber glove, to carefully remove grime from your vehicle’s paint. Mitts avoid swirl marks and keep your car clean. Use the wash mitt to wash from the top to the bottom to avoid spreading too much dirt and filth.
Ceramic Pro Auto Spa is ready to protect your car with a clear bra! Our transparent paint protection film protects the most affected areas against scratches and other environmental damage. To ensure your vehicle retains its pristine appearance for as long as possible, we utilize only premium materials and cutting-edge installation methods. Visit Ceramic Pro Auto Spa at 1273 Manheim Pike, Lancaster, PA, 17601, or call us at (717) 621-2132 to schedule an appointment!